Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Magaliesberg Mountain landscape

“You can never conquer the mountain. You can only conquer yourself.”
- James Whittaker

"Magaliesberg mountain landscape" - watercolour on Bockingford 300gsm - Maree©
Size - 12" x 8" unframed

For this wet-on-wet scene, after wetting the paper, I sketched the main outlines of my scene using my Rigger and Cerulean Blue. I'm sure many artists use this technique, but I've always been somewhat of a sketchy person, using my pencil, going into great detail with a lot of erasing happening. It's only been the past couple of months since I started practicing painting with no sketching beforehand that I feel confident enough to consider doing this.

ITEM ID : MagaliesbergMountainLandscape
PRICE - R350.00 including postage in South Africa


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...